Winter has been rough. However, Spring is here, and Chancey and I are very ready to take some camping trips. Before we go, though, we have some preparations that need to take place our Cougar travel trailer has been covered all winter long and winterized for the bitter cold temps that Missouri winters bring. So, before we head out on the year’s first camping trip, we have some work to do: uncover, clean, check roof seals, do a diagnostic check of the RV systems, pack some of the things we took out for winter, etc.
I also think there are times when we need to do some of those same things in life:
1. Maybe some of you need to "uncover" something your struggling with to a friend, so they can pray for you.
2. Perhaps there is some “cleaning” in your life that needs to take place: stop cussing, drinking, lying, cheating, gossiping, smoking, etc. Whatever the Lord has laid on your heart to clean up!
3. Check your “seals”! What are you allowing into your home? Does it honor God? I would encourage you to inspect all the things getting into your home through the TV and Internet.
4. Run a “diagnostic” … have some conversations with your family. How is everyone doing?
5. Maybe it’s time to “pack” some things in to your life. Start reading your Bible, go to a bible study, attend church regularly, pray. All these things will start to “pack” your heart, soul, and mind with the things of God and His Love.
Let spring be a time of excitement and renewal as you get ready for a busy Summer.
Jeremy & Chancey
Camping Family Ministries